Damiana is a small shrub that produces small yellow aromatic flowers. It belongs to the family Turneraceae and is native to Central America, Mexico, South America, and the Caribbean. Damiana leaves have been used as an aphrodisiac and to boost sexual potency by the native people of Mexico, including the Mayan Indians and is used to both male and female sexual stimulation, increased energy, asthma, depression, impotence and menstrual problems.
What it is used for:
Damiana can be vaped, smoked, drank as tea, or made into a liquor. Historically Damiana has been used for thousands of years in Latin American culture as a sexual stimulant, it is used as an aphrodisiac which helps with increasing the libido and to treat sexual problems.
How to use it:
- Vape – Damiana can be vaped between 150°C to 175°C (302°F to 347°F) in any herbal vaporiser.
- Tea – Place 10 to 15 grams of Damiana with 1 litre of water boiled softly for 5 minutes.
- Smoke – Damiana is an awesome non-addictive tobacco alternative. It can be smoked alone or mixed with your favourite other herbs.
- Ultimate Damiana is finely grinded and more likely to have a smooth taste.
- Premium Damiana is bit on the chunky side and is harsher.
Other usage for damiana:
- Weight loss. Early research suggests that taking a specific combination product containing damiana, guarana, and yerba mate might reduce body weight in people who are overweight.
- Nervous upset stomach.
- Boosting mental and physical stamina.
- Other conditions.